UsinWorking with the Excel Report
Reporting testing results found using axe Auditor is a simple process that begins with exporting issues from the user interface, then importing them into the included axe Auditor Executive Report v2.8.xlsm
- a macro-enabled Microsoft Excel spreadsheet workbook, sometimes also referred to simply as the "report template."
PC-Only Note: It has been reported that when using Excel for Mac operating systems, the Issues by Page report may not display properly. Therefore, we recommend generating the axe Auditor Executive Report on a computer running Microsoft Office for Windows on a PC (not a Mac).
Features of the Executive Report workbook include the following four worksheets of information:
- Scope: How to use the Import feature, enter basic identifying information about the assessment, understanding the List of Pages section. High-level overview of the assessment results in a graphic format. Designed to provide valuable data to a broad audience, including Executives, Project Managers, Designers and Developers.
- Dashboard: High-level overview of the assessment results in a graphic format. Designed to provide valuable data to a broad audience, including Executives, Project Managers, Designers and Developers.
- All Issues: Data table including every issue recorded during the Test Run that was selected for export. This data can be utilized to sort issues by attributes such as Success Criteria, Deque Checkpoint, User Impact, Page groupings, etc., to prioritize and organize remediation efforts.
- Executive Summary: Roll-up of the assessment results in data table format. Worksheet includes; Global Results, WCAG Issue Impact & Priority and Conformance Results by WCAG 2.0 SC & Deque Checkpoint.
- Issues by Page: Data table rolling up issues by page. Issues are rolled up by Issue Type (Best Practice/User Agent/Accessibility Issues) and User Impact (Critical/Serious/Moderate/Minor).
Protection and Security
To protect the intellectual property and ensure formulas and macros are not broken, the Executive Report workbook has a variety of security features implemented which require password authentication for changes.
Download the Executive Report
To download the latest version of the "Excel report template":