A test case (or a test scenario), is the definition of a test scenario in axe Auditor. In other words, it can describe a set of pages/screens or a user flow that needs to be tracked in an audit. Test cases include testing scenarios, steps, and product information required for a specific evaluation.
Test cases are made up of at least one page to be tested. Optional information includes a description of the test case, the folder it is contained within, the applicable standard, session timeout information, and product information. The pages to be tested contained within a test case each include a page name and URL, with optional information that may include the scope -- which can either be the whole page or a specific page area (module, screen, widget, section or element), target elements (forms, video, audio, CAPTCHA, Flashing content), and related instructions (for example sign-in information for the screen/page).
The Test Cases screen offers a paginated table of navigable pages of test case information displayed dynamically on the screen. Specifically, each row shows three columns of information: the name of the test case, the associated product (when specified), and the last time an associated test run had been started. Additionally, an Actions column provides a menu list of action options to select from: view, edit, save, and archive. Aside from this table display in the content pane, the left sidebar provides folder functionality you can use to organize test cases, and the header area provides the ability to create a new test case, and move or archive multiple test cases at once.
Components and Features of the Test Cases screen include:
- Actions button: Apply Archive or Move action to the selected Test Run(s) from the table of Test Cases.
- New test case button: Apply this action to Create a New Test Case.
- Folder link: Clicking a named folder, or the default Unorganized folder link causes its contents (Test Cases) to be displayed in the table in the main body area of the screen.
- Checkbox column: Check the top column header box to select all, or the left column within a row to select it.
- Name column: The name of the Test Case.
- Folder column: When not specified, (none) will appear, otherwise, the name of the containing test case folder is displayed. For more information, see Folders.
- Date Created column: A date/time is displayed to indicate when the Test Case was first created in axe Auditor. Note: The time/date stamp reflects your local time zone.
- Test Runs column: The numeric value (when not zero) is linked to the Test Runs screen, which displays one or more rows of tabular information about each associated run. For more information, see Test Runs.
- Actions column: The Create test run action is selected by default. Click the down arrow to reveal additional action options.
- Create test run: Creates a new Test Run for the Test Case.
- Save as new test case: Save as new test case action can be used to ‘make a copy of a test case’.
- Archive: This function can be used to Archive a test case. Once archived, the test case (along with the associated test runs) will be removed from the screen. For more information, see Archiving a Test Case.