Using the Test Runs with Flags Section
Refer to the Test Runs with Flags section of the Dashboard screen in axe Auditor whenever you want to view a quick list of your test runs that contain flags. When there are test runs with flags that have been assigned to you, after logging in to axe Auditor, the Dashboard screen displays the Test Runs with Flags section (which may display multiple "pages" of test runs in which flag reasons have been added against checkpoints). The paginated, filterable and sortable table lists six key columns of information about each to give you a summarized overview, and it also provides a button that allows you to drill down into viewing more details about those flags.
Section Table Overview
The Test Runs with Flags table provides a FILTERS section that allows you to refine the row records displayed in the tabular format below by one or more Test Case or Assigned User, as desired. Applied criteria (selected checkboxes in the filter drop-down menus) appear in the ACTIVE FILTERS section to show what is currently narrowing the results. For complete details about using the filter functionality, see the Filters and Tables topic within Common Functionality in the Overview portion of this guide.
The Test Runs with Flags table provides the following 7 columns of information to give you a quick overview of test runs assigned to you that contain flags:
- Test Case: The name of the test case is displayed.
- Test Run: The name of the test run is displayed.
- Date Created: A date/time indicates when the Test Run was created. Note: This date/time stamp reflects your local time zone.
- Status: The status of the Test Run (either 'Not Started' in grey or 'In Progress' in gold).
- Assigned User: The user name of the person the test run is assigned to.
- Test Units: The total number of Pages and Components that have been added to the Test Case is displayed (at least one page unit is required).
- Flags: When items have been flagged for review, this displays how many exist for the entire test run.
- Actions: The View flags button takes you to the 'Flags for Component and Page:...' screen, which allows you to view information details about both the associated Checkpoints and Issues (when applicable), including the reason content entered for the flag. Click the Checkpoint link to navigate to the associated Checkpoint Test screen, on which you can either Edit or Resolve the flag. For more information, see Accessing Flagged Items (Entire Test Run).
Follow this procedure when you want to view which checkpoint tests are associated with each flag, the reason for each flag, and/or the associated issues that have also been added for the checkpoint for which a flag was added. This also allows you to navigate to that associated checkpoint test screen, on which you can Edit or Resolve the flag. The only action available from the Actions column o fthe Test Runs with Flags section on the Dashboard screen is viewing flags, which is done by clicking the button that is labeled accordingly.
To view flags previously added to a test run:
- In the Actions column of the Test Runs with Flags section, click the View flags button within the desired Test Case row.
- On the Issues tab panel, click the View Issue button in the Actions column if you want to view issue details added to the checkpoint for which an item was also flagged for review.
- On the Checkpoints tab panel, view the Reason and other information as desired for each flag.
- Click the Checkpoint column link to navigate to the Checkpoint Test screen, on which you can either edit or remove the flag.
For related information and additional details about flags, see Flagging for Review.