Setting Up Two-Factor Authentication
Setting up two-factor authentication for access to axe Auditor is done either when your organization requires it, or you personally want the added layer of security it provides. Enabling it is a matter of installing a mobile app on your phone, entering (or scanning) a code into that app, then entering the resulting code it produces into axe Auditor. Subsequently, when signing in to axe Auditor, you will need to enter a new code from the mobile generator to complete the axe Auditor sign-in process and gain access to the desktop application.
To set up two-factor authentication:
- Install the Free OTP Authenticator app from an app store (such as the Google Play Store for Android) on your mobile device.
- Accept the access to Camera, Photos/Media/Files the app requires.
- After download and installation, open the FreeOTP (or Google Authenticator) app.
- Click either the QR code icon (or key icon) button from the top toolbar (Free OTP example).
- Point your mobile device's camera at the square Quick Response (QR) code on the axe Auditor Authenticator screen until scanned (or enter the key).
- Enter the code in the one-time code field on the axe Auditor Authenticator screen.
- Click the SAVE button.
- Sign out of axe Auditor, then sign back in again. For complete details, see Logging Out and Signing In.
- Enter the code from your mobile app into the One-time code text entry field box, then click the Log in button.
When you want to remove a configured authenticator, click the Remove link on the Authenticator screen.
A system response message against a green background appears at the top of the Authenticator page to notify you of successful removal.