Play a Script
Play a script whenever you want to command the browser to automatically perform previously recorded sequential, timed user actions on the page under test. This may also be referred to as "running" a script.
- Enter the URL of the web page the script starts on in the browser Address field, then press the
Enterkey on your keyboard to load the page under test in the browser.
- Open axe Expert in DevTools and navigate to the
Scriptspanel using the main menu to the right of the axe Expert logo.
- Do one of the following to load an existing script into the Scripts content pane table:
Playon the Scripting toolbar.
As you view the page under test, you can observe the automated script performing each recorded event (for example, selecting the
Desktops page link from the main horizontal menu bar, and the selected page loading so that its content is displayed).
Resume button becomes a
Pause button after the Play button has been clicked and before the script has finished playing.
Optionally, you may do either of the following before the script is finished playing:
- Stop the script. For complete details, see Stop a Script.
- Pause the script. For complete details, see Pause a Script.
If you do not choose to Stop or Pause the script, you can continue to observe the events until all have been completed, at which time the script control buttons return to their original state.