Adding a Standard
When you want to have a new set of rules (either stock or custom) to make available for use in scans within your organization, you can add them on the Organization Testing Standards page by activating a button, making some selections on a dialog box, and then activating another button.
To add a standard to the organization:
- At the top, right of the Testing Standards Organization Settings page, to the right of the Active Standards heading, click the Add Standard button.
The Add Standard dialog box appears, displaying several fields of options from which to select.
- On the Add Standard dialog box, select the desired option in the Type field, depending on the type of standard you want to add. Note: For detailed instructions on how to add a Custom standard, see the Adding a Custom Standard topic later in this guide.
- In the Axe DevTools version field, click the down arrow to display the drop-down menu options, then select one from the list.
The drop-down menu closes and the field displays your selection. Note: The available options in this menu are controlled by your System Administrator. For more information, see Changing the Supported axe DevTools Versions(s).
- In the Standard field, select the desired radio button option.
Stock sets of axe DevTools rules include those for WCAG 2.0A, WCAG 2.0AA, and Section 508. There is also an option to combine both the A and AA levels into a single ruleset standard.
- In the Option field, check the checkbox for either Best Practice, Experimental, or both, as desired.
- Click the Add Standard button at the bottom of the dialog box.
The Add Standard dialog box closes and the standard you selected appears as a new row in the Active Standards section table.
After adding standards, they can then be made default, deactivated or deleted. For more information about each, see Changing the Default Standard, Deactivating a Standard, and Deleting a Standard, respectively.