Creating an Organization Project
To Create a new Organization Project select the Create organization project link under the Quick Links heading on the Home page.
On the Create Organization Project page, you will see that there are three steps to creating a Project:
- Step 1: Specify the pages you want to analyze as part of this project
- Step 2: Scan the site OR upload issues from the axe DevTools extension
- Step 3: View your project reports and team progress
The Create Organization Project page allows you to:
- Complete Step 1: Specify the pages you want to analyze as part of this Project, and
- Initiate Step 2: Scan the site OR upload issues from the axe DevTools extension.
Follow these steps:
- Select the Organization in which you want to create the Project from the dropdown menu.
- Enter a Project name.
- Specify the URL of the first page of the website you want to analyze in this Project. When initiating the scan, axe Monitor will begin the scan at this URL. (You are not stuck with this start page. You can change the start page on the Create or Edit a Project Scan page.)
- The Scan Domain is automatically populated domain in the URL you added in the previous step. As axe Monitor spiders the site, the spider will not follow links outside of the domain you specify. See Adding a New Domain for steps to add additional domains.
- Select the Scan Level to specify the site depth. The default option is to "Scan the Start Page and all Pages One Level Down": this would scan the start page and all of the links that are directly accessible from the start page. "Scan the Start Page and Two Levels Down", would scan the start page, all the links available from the start page, and all of the links available from those sub-pages. You may also scan three levels down, four levels down, five levels down, and finally, "Scan All Pages". Keep in mind that the more pages you scan, the more time the analysis will take and the more results you will get. (You can change this setting on the Create or Edit a Project Scan page.)
- Select the radio button option for the desired Scan Option. Refer to the next section within this topic, Initiate Step 2 - Select Scan Options, for details about each option.
- Selecting Basic Scan will initiate the scan immediately using the default analysis options for the Organization. Note: You are not locked into the initial analysis options. Scan options can be modified on the Create or Edit a Project Scan page after running the initial scan and a new scan initiated. You can track the progress of the scan on the Currently Running Tasks page that appears. When the scan is complete, you will see the Project Dashboard page.
- Selecting Custom Scan will bring you to the Testing Standards page where you can alter the scan's analysis ruleset (if available) BEFORE running the scan.
- Selecting Use Extension allows you to create a Project that can be populated with issues by uploading them from the axe DevTools browser extension rather than by an axe Monitor scan.
- Click the Create button to create the Project.