The Issues Report
The Issues Report contains issues from accessibility practices for all standards chosen in the Project Testing Standards Settings. Two types of Issue Reports are available: the default Issues Report and the Image Gallery Report.
The Issues Report page allows you to:
- Share the Issue Report with others
- Search for issues
- View the default Issue Report
- Access the Image Gallery Report
- Select and perform actions on issues
The upper right corner of the Issues Report contains the following links:
- Share report: If the Project Administrator has allowed read-only access to Project reports, this link will provide a URL that you can share with others to view this page directly.
By default the Issues Report includes all issues found by axe Monitor, added manually, or uploaded from the axe DevTools Extension. Use the Search form to filter the report according to multiple criteria.
Searchable criteria include:
URL Contains: Issues on pages containing a specified string in the URL. This search only includes portions of the url after the primary domain.
Severity: Choose from: All, Potential Violation, Violation, Pass, or N/A.
Labels: Issues with a specific label
Page Group: Issues within a specific Page Group (if any)
Description: Issues matching a specific issue description
Use Case Script: Issues found when analyzing a specific use case script
Priority: Issues of a specific priority: All, Critical, Serious, Moderate, or Minor
Scope Definition: Issues found within a page area defined by a scope definition
Tag type: Issues associated with a specific HTML element
Status: Issues with a status of: All, Open, Fixed, or Ignored
Assigned to: Issues assigned to a particular Project Member
Issue Group: Issues associated with a specific type of content such as: Alternate text issues, Links, Forms, Frames, ARIA etc.
Select Common to refine the report by only those issues found in common template areas of a page (as specified with scope definitions). Common issues may be repeated on hundreds or thousands of pages but are reported only once.
Select Auto to display only those issues found automatically as a result of automated testing that are not a part of common template areas.
Clarifying Concept: Selecting both or none of the Type checkboxes produces the same result, since no refinement filter defaults to all results being displayed.
Remediation: Issues containing remediation guidance added manually via the Issue Detail page.
Below the issue search area is a paginated list of issues that fit the search criteria selected above.
The total number of issues in the report is displayed in the top right corner of the issue list. The controls below the total number of pages allow you to change the number of items displayed per page and move from page to page via the arrow or by typing a page number in the box.
For each individual issue in the report the following information is provided:
Source code for element with the issue: A snippet of the source of the issue.
Assigned to: The Project Member the issue was assigned to.
Label: Any label(s) assigned to the issue.
Status: Status options are:
- Open: (default) Indicates the issue needs to be resolved.
- Fixed: Indicates the issue has been fixed or remediated in the code. If the issue is marked as Fixed but isn't really fixed, when the page is re-analyzed the issue will be marked as Open again.
- Ignored: Scenarios where an issue may be marked as Ignored include:
- The issue may be a real issue, but you want to ignore it for the time being because it is part of a different effort or will be addressed in a later phase.
- The issue may be a false positive or you do not intend to address it at all. If the issue is deleted, when the page is re-analyzed the issue will be added to the issue list again and marked as Open. To avoid this, mark the issue as Ignored.
Description: The description of the issue. This content is a link. Select this link to view the Issue Detail page for that issue. Next to the Description is a Help icon (represented as a blue circle with a white "i"). Select the help icon to view remediation guidance for the issue.
Severity: All, Pass, N/A, Potential Violation or Violation.
Tag Type: HTML tag type.
In addition to the default Issues Report, the Image Gallery Report shows issues relating specifically to images. To access the Image Gallery report, choose Image Gallery from the Report Format dropdown menu above the issues table.
The Image Gallery Report displays the following information:
- Image: A thumbnail view of the image in violation. This image is a link. Select the image to display a full-sized view of the image.
- Alt Attribute: The alt attribute for this image, if any.
- Suggested Remediation: Remediation instructions for the image.
- Enter remediation instructions and select the adjacent Update button to add the remediation instructions to the single violation.
- Select the Update All button to add the remediation instructions to all similar violations involving that image. Refresh the page to see the instructions added to multiple images.
- Status: The status of the issue: Open, Fixed, or Ignored.
- Element source code: A snippet of source code for the issue. If the code snippet is too long for the cell, the code will become a link. Select this link to toggle on the full view of the code.
- Description: The description of the issue. Select the Issue Help icon (represented by a blue circle with white "i") to view the additional information about the violation including remediation guidance.
- Severity: All, Pass, N/A, Violation or Potential Violation.
The Issues Report allows you to select an issue or multiple issues in order to perform actions on them. The dropdown menu just above the issues list provides options to:
- Select all: Select all issues in the report according to the search criteria used above.
- Select all on page: Select all issues on this page.
- Unselect all: Unselect all issues currently selected.
Select single or multiple issues by selecting the checkbox next to each issue.
When an issue or issues are selected, a new drop down menu - the Action menu - appears next to the selection dropdown.
This menu provides options to:
Assign to: Select Assign to and another dropdown menu will appear from which you can assign the issue (or change the assignment) to yourself or another Project Member.
Label: Select Label(s) and a text box will appear where you can type a descriptive label to help identify the source or type of issue(s).
Delete: Be careful when doing this, the delete command cannot be reversed. If the issue is deleted, when the page is re-analyzed the issue will be added to the issue list again and marked as Open. To avoid this, mark the issue status as Ignored.
Set Status: Select Set status to change the status from the default Open value to Fixed or Ignored.
Set Severity: Select Set Severity to change the issue's severity to Pass, N/A, All, Violation or Potential Violation.
Export (to CSV) or Export to Excel: Follow the browser prompts to save the file.
When exporting to CSV format, the Additional Details field is limited to 80 characters to prevent a parsing issue that can cause truncation of the content within the column cells when exceeded.