What's New for Release 7.2
Access the Knowledge Base here.
Sign Up to receive the latest updates on axe Monitor in an email.
Adding, Editing, and Deleting Scope Definitions
You can now add, edit, and delete scope definitions in axe Monitor using the Scope Definitions Settings page for a project.
Access Change Announcements
Axe Monitor version 7.2 now allows System Administrators access to all organizations/projects/scans within the system.
PDF/UA Testing Notice
When testing with PDF/UA ruleset, PDF documents are tested with both WCAG and PDF/UA rules. In some instances, these can cause similar issues reported twice (once under WCAG, and once under PDF/UA).
- The source URL field in the Page Details page sometimes appears incorrectly for HTML and PDF URLs.
- The server was utilizing high memory at times because of certain PDF documents being scanned.
- Users were at times unable to set up scans as the scans were rejected for having invalid domain names in the URL.
- Certain pages would report an incorrect media type and either become excluded from the scan incorrectly, or save scan results when the page should have been excluded.
- System administrators were unable to delete a user having an association with an organization and a project. Trying to scan a page where the URL contained the pipe (|) character failed.
- At times, creating a scan with only the PDF option enabled resulted in Error code:002.
- A Gateway timeout exception was encountered at times when scans started and the system tried to fetch custom rules. Sometimes a bulk issue update resulted in only the first issue updated.
- Multiple accessibility improvements.
- Organization creation was taking longer than usual due to an email exception.
- Trying to upload a scan on axe Reports with the flag, "waiting for approval" was not getting uploaded to axe Reports.
- Creating a PDF-only scan was intermittently including non-PDF files in the result.
- Axe-core version upgraded to 4.4.3: This release could reduce the number of violations reported and it could increase the number of incomplete items reported. We've tweaked a few remediation messages of rules for greater consistency and clarity. Role presentation and role none are now allowed on the HTML nav element. The aria-hidden-focusable rule now returns reports incomplete instead of a violation if the element has the onfocus attribute.
- Unsupported axe-core versions limited: Some versions of axe-core are no longer supported. Scans using these rulesets will continue to function normally, however users are no longer able to create scans with these specific axe-core versions.
- With v7.3, multiple scans within a single project will not be supported any more. If a project has more than one scan, only the latest scan will be retained.
- axe-core version 4.5 added.
The following features have been deprecated:
- Script recording in axe Expert extension is now deprecated.
- Scope definition in axe Expert extension is now deprecated. Axe Monitor® allows the scope definitions to be added and updated within the axe Monitor interface.
- Axe Monitor® does not support MySQL 5.7 and SQL Server 2012 and have been dropped from the supported databases list.
- If a user logs directly into the new experimental view (using
bookmarked link, for example), and then tries to navigate to the
classic view, an authentication error is displayed.
Workaround: Refreshing the screen removes the error message and displays appropriate data.
- Full access for System administrators is not available in the experimental view. This access will be added in an upcoming version.