Active View Name
Active View Name looks for any view with a click action and ensures the view is focusable and its name or text is available to TalkBack.
People using TalkBack are most affected. The inability to focus on a view or have the view's name announced through TalkBack creates an inaccessible experience.
The version of Android, device, and manufacturer may play a part in issue detection.
- Turn on TalkBack
- Attempt to focus the control
- One of the following will happen:
- Inaccessible: Unable to focus on the control.
- Inaccessible: Focused but not announced with TalkBack.
- Accessible: Focused and announced in TalkBack.
How to Fix
Utilize a control's text property or a view's content description to ensure TalkBack has accurate information to share.
Button button = ....... button.setText("Button's Name"); ImageButton imageButton = ....... imageButton.setContentDescription("Button's Name");
To fix an issue found by this rule, add an
accessibilityLabel to the control component.
<TextInput ... accessibilityLabel="First Name" />