Nested Active Control
This is an experimental rule, and therefore its result(s) are considered to be in beta testing. Learn more about experimental rules and how you can help improve them.
An accessibility element should not have multiple active controls embedded within it.
People using TalkBack are most impacted. TalkBack can not activate more than one active control within another accessibility element.
- Turn on TalkBack
- Attempt to focus the control
- Attempt to activate the control
- One of the following will happen:
- Inaccessible: A different control is activated.
- Inaccessible: The control is activated, but its focus box contains another control.
- Inaccessible: Nothing happens.
- Accessible: The control is activated and is the only control in its focus box.
How to Fix
Avoid setting the
importantForAccessibility property to
no on all clickable views nested inside a layout. Views that can be accessed without assistive technology should be available to anyone using assistive technology.